Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Goodbyes Aren't Always Easy

It's always sad to say goodbye to good friends. Unfortunately we were unable to say goodbye to some of our friends who have been with us for a few years. I asked them to share their experiences with MOPS and what the future holds for them in this next adventure. Here's what they had to say:

Jeannie Reid: Was apart of MOPS for 4 years, 2 years as Coordinator.....loved getting to know other Moms and gaining encouragement and wisdom from each other....appreciated our Mentor Moms and their commitment in loving us.....loved the MOPS instruction in making me a better Mom, drawing me closer to Christ.
This fall will be teaching at Community Christian School part-time as a High School English teacher. Will miss MOPS terribly!!
Michelle Johnson: Will not be returning next year. But I have loved my time with MOPS. :-) I was apart of it for 6 years and enjoyed the support I received through many experiences. I also loved being on Steering Team while I was on it, with the deep friendships I made being the favorite part of that. I am still hoping to have another baby one of these days (biological or adopted - doesn't matter!), God willing, so maybe I'll be back someday. Until then, I am going to raise Alex best I can, substitute teach, take photos and work at Bug-Bee Hive Resort as I have been doing. I am hoping not to have to get a full time job quite yet, as I desperately want to be home before and aftter school with Alex. I would appreciate prayers for this!
Alisa Hackl-Weiss: Moving to Richland Center, WI. Was apart of MOPS for 5 years. MOPS has lead me closer to the Lord. He was always in my life...but he was a Part of my life. Now he IS my life. I've met some amazing women, wonderful friends and because of MOPS I've become a bigger part of my own church. Growing with God and Growing with the women at MOPS has literally CHANGED who I am. I am the happiest spiritually than I've ever been. The Mentor Moms you have with you are some pretty cool Ladies!! I hope that God leads me to a position like that one day. Because if he does, I'll know that I had a great example to follow. Much Love to all of you!
Rena Bolt: Was apart of MOPS for 1 year and has moved closer to her family.
Thank you ladies for taking the time to share all that with us. I think I speak for all of the MOPS group, you will all be greatly missed, but we wish you lots of luck and love in your new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment