I've been reading a great book "Mom to Mom, Day to Day Advice & Support for Catholic Living" by Danielle Bean (even though it is aimed at catholic moms, we are all in the same boat). It's just one of those books that you pick up and begin reading and say "oh my that's me". I have found many times in this adventure of being a mom, where I stop and think am I alone, am I the only mom whose going thru this. The truth is "NO". We all have our moments where we may explode or get upset over spilt milk, we are all human. As she stated in her book "I really want to emphasize the fact that no one is perfect. Every mom loses patience and raises her voice now and then, sometimes unfairly. If nothing else, I hope that anxious moms will understand this: Messing up sometimes and losing your temper doesn't mean you are a bad mother. It means you are human. Apologize, pray for the strength to respond more lovingly the next time, and then get back to peeling the potatoes."
Can you relate?
1 comment:
Oh My I can relate. I apologize daily.. (though not enough to my kids). thanks for posting this.
Post a Comment