Wednesday, June 23, 2010

SUMMER

I am amazed at how the summer is flying by. I actually ordered a book "The Family Manager's Guide to Summer Survival" by Kathy Peel (which I should have planned ahead and got it 2 months ago, but anyways). It's got some great ideas on things to do with less money, boredom busters and ways to compete with the TV.
I have found as my children have gotten older we need more and more things to do to keep busy. One day they ran around outside with colored water spraying the rocks and trees. Another is I gave them a bunch of plastic bowls and pitchers that they enjoyed filling up with water outside. I even have a bunch of craft supplies that are accessible for them that they enjoy using to make their own creative crafts. And always for those rainy days we have moon sand and playdoh (to help with keep the mess contained I have the kids use a plastic tub on the floor).

I'm curious about what you do to keep things moving smoothly in your house throughout the summer months with your young ones?

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

NITA!!! This looks AMAZING!! Great job, my friend.

Yes, that Kathy Peel is one smart chick and I love all her books. My summer answer is simple. We just pile in the truck with snacks and drinks and find a park, any park. Sometimes I just need a change of scenery!! And they do, too.

Keep up the great work!!
Jeannie (I won't be offended if you take my name off the Mama Blog list :)

Nita said...

Thanks Jeannie!!
Oh what a great idea. And I refuse to take you off of our Mama blog (HA,HA). If you don't mind I'd like to keep you there, you are truly inspirational to me and I think to alot of other moms.

Post a Comment