Sunday, September 26, 2010

If you give a MOM a minute

Do you have feel like this? I got it from Fans of being a Mom.

My kids love the popular book series by author Laura Numeroff and illustrator Felicia Bond that started with If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. The mouse, the moose the cat, and the pig are all cute and quirky animals who are easily distracted by the task at hand. Eventually, a few pages and a circuitous route later, they wind up back where they started. For busy moms, it’s a familiar story.
I opened up my laptop to write a blog post, but a couple of unpaid bills amidst the piles on the kitchen counter caught my eye. Might as well hop online, do some quick banking, and get rid of the clutter. But, an email from Banana Republic for 40% off and free shipping pinged my inbox.
Well, I’ve been meaning to replace my favorite, yet well-worn pair of black pants, but haven’t wanted spend full price. Perfect, I’d order the pants at a discount while it’s fresh in my mind.
Of course, I couldn’t quite remember the size and style, so I left my desk and went to my closet to look for the pants. Wow, was my closet a mess! So I started pulling clothes off their hangers and doing a little reorganizing. Half an hour later, I had a pile of items to donate and a lot of empty wire hangers on the rod.
Some new, matching hangers and maybe some bins to consolidate the things that don’t need to be hung up would really pull my closet together. And, since I was low on detergent and toilet paper anyway, I might as well head to Target. One hundred dollars and a full cart later I headed back home.
As I pulled back into my driveway I realized that I was about to be late for kid pick-ups. I raced back out. Naturally, they were starving and expecting dinner as soon as we got home, so I got that going – followed in quick succession by the baths, books, and bedtime routine.
Once the kids were tucked in, I headed back to the kitchen to clean up and noticed my laptop sitting there. So, I decided to open it up and write a blog post.
The bills are still unpaid.I haven’t ordered my pants (what size am I, again?).My closet looks like a bomb went off.The Target purchases are still in the trunk of my car.The kitchen is a mess from dinner.But, here’s my post. : )
Posted: 09.14.2010 by FoBaM: Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment